Monday, July 13, 2009

Maid Keitai Straps



Scattered around Akihabara, there are little capsule dispenser machines that contain ketai straps (little straps that you attach to your cell phone) and pins that are branded products for 4 of the maid cafes there. The featured cafes are Mai:Lish, Mia Cafe, Pinafore and Cos-Cha.



The straps are 200 yen each. I got this particular one from the machine in front of Pinafore #1, and discovered another machine inside the tunnel in Radio Land. The brochure says "Costume Party, Maid Cafe Collection Pins and Strap".



The capsule contains one of 8 straps or pins, plus a little pamphlet which shows all 8 designs and has a map to all 4 shops. Yet another example of the maid cafes' ability to promote their brands.

4 comments:

  1. Do you know of anywhere that sells these online?
    ~Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I think they're only available through the coin op machines. They're made by Ishikawa Toys, and you can find the main homepage at http://www.gotohchi.com/index.html (the pins are shown under the "Other" link). But, the Gotochi page doesn't show a way to order online. There's also no online store for Ishikawa's homepage at http://www.ishikawa-toy.co.jp/index.html. Since I'm no longer in Tokyo, I can't buy them directly from the machines, either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the info. I have all the statues and now I want the keitai. I guess I will have to wait till I go to Japan or find someone to get them fro me.

    And, thank you so much for providing this site! <3 I link to you very often when teaching people about maid cafes.

    http://www.facebook.com/MaidCafes101

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you like the site, and thanks for the good words. Thanks also for the link - looks really good.

    ReplyDelete